Craig Johnson is Managing Editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News. Johnson joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2006. He has more than 17 years of experience as a journalist.
March 28, 2012
Several large acquisitions were recently announced in the staffing industry. The latest is On Assignment Inc. is buying Apex Systems Inc., one of the largest and fastest-growing suppliers of information technology staffing.
March 27, 2012
- EEOC: Employers may violate ADA by requiring high school diploma
- California court finds staffing firm’s arbitration agreement unenforceable
- California recruiters exempt as commissioned employees
- Louisiana partners with U.S. Department of Labor to combat misclassification
- PEO/related entities... More
March 21, 2012
A contingent workforce management professional urged staffing firms to communicate with their clients what their penalties would be under the healthcare reform mandates.
March 14, 2012
The USCIS issued new guidance this week confirming staffing firms as legitimate employers for H1-B visa purposes, the TechServe Alliance reported today. Previously, staffing firms had struggled to obtain the visas on behalf of clients.
March 7, 2012
Nineteen companies in Connecticut were forced to stop work at construction sites recently due to independent contractor misclassifications, the state’s Department of Labor reported.
March 1, 2012
Find out why crowdsourcing may be a part of staffing’s future. Other up-and-coming trends that you should know about include mobile technology, independent workers and increased usage of vendor management systems. A few future possibilities for the staffing industry could mean a new way of doing business.... More
February 29, 2012
The operator of a distribution center owned by the Hershey Co. in Palmyra, Pa., and its staffing provider were issued $288,000 in proposed penalties over workplace safety and health violations, the U.S. Department of Labor reported.
February 14, 2012
- Texas court affirms workers’ compensation exclusivity for Texas staffing customer
- IRS completes study regarding employers’ use of leased employees
- Arizona bill introduces voluntary classification settlement program
- California partners with U.S. Department of Labor to combat misclassification... More
February 8, 2012
A federal judge ruled workers who are suing a California warehouse cannot be fired.
February 1, 2012
Majority of large customers use term limits.