As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
July 30, 2014
One of the most material components of program management is the ability to drive change in an organization. While there are many paths to execution one can take — issuing mandates, soft selling, etc. — there a few core elements that can change your organization for the better.
June 25, 2014
Suppliers, buyers and other stakeholders often view value and program goals differently. It's time to get on the same page to elevate your program.
May 29, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- How HR and procurement professionals can successfully work together to build tomorrow's contingent workforce
- Duration approximately 1 hour
May 14, 2014
Successful contingent workforce programs are built like sales initiatives: The most successful programs are centered on the end-user.
March 5, 2014
Building a program's scorecard can be a frustrating exercise, but it’s a critical process to undergo. Tracking the right metrics can help you determine how you and your suppliers are performing — and more important, spot troubled areas before they become serious problems.
February 5, 2014
As the industry reaches the tail end of the adoption curve on MSPs, the CW management model is evolving in striking ways.
February 4, 2014
- Excel-based tool for calculating effect of overtime multiplier
- Tool contains scenarios for time-and-a-half and doubletime
December 2, 2008
- Tool for scoring managed service providers across numerous criteria
- Criteria include strategic and competitive differentiation, program management, supplier management, quality, pricing, and more
December 1, 2008
- Tool for scoring VMS providers across numerous criteria
- Criteria include recruiting and requisition process, financial and reporting process, pricing, training and implementation, and more
December 22, 2009
- Financial model to screen and monitor vendors
- Multiple financial ratios translated into a single "z-score"